Monday, May 21, 2012

All is Good in the Giant Voice Brewery


Today is Monday.  Monday isn’t usually a brew day but since I worked my tail off in the yard over the weekend and today was a light day at work, I decided to make it a brew day.  I’m brewing a Saison.  I’m a big fan of Saison in the summer.  It will be a bit different since it will have 1 3/8 lbs. of sourwood honey and I plan on adding ½ gallon of blood orange juice to the secondary fermenter.  So we’ll have Bloody Honey Saison.  Today was good for another reason.  I recently purchased a refractometer to measure SG.  However, I was unaware that it is useless to measure FG without an OG measurement.  So there I was on the brew boards, asking why my FG of my Apricot Blond Ale was stuck at 1.024.  Today I discovered my mistake.  Measured the gravity with a hydrometer and got 1.011.  Right in the ballpark.  Guess I be bottling soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment